One more memory from Philippines…..
What is to see around Palwan? Was the first question to the tri-wheeler driver on the way to hotel from baby airport of Pureto Princessa.
You should go see Underground River….He said.
Underground river…..sounds interesting. Imagination about this unknown recommendation was in full swing. One more day and I was on the way to Underground river…excited 🙂
Known with a formal name as The Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park is located about 80 kilometres from the city center of Puerto Princesa, Palawan. The river is called Underground River because it flows directly underneath the St Paul Mountain Range. Besides being one of the longest underground rivers in the world, the PPUR is also one of the very few that outflows directly to the sea.
To reach to underground river, you will visit beautiful Sabang town. The little town offers amazing beauty of blue watered beach, friendly people, couple of very good resorts and lots of novelty fruit shakes. Time at Sabang will be the most exciting time, while waiting for your turn for ferry ride and enjoying the beauty of nature around, especially those splashing waves.
And the wait ends….the new journey starts and while ferry ride, you are not sure, on which side you should see because the stunning beauty, nature has spread around is much more than your eyes can drink in.
And finally, you are on another beach. The most clean, splendidly beautiful, white beach where you do not want to stop clicking. Five minutes of soft hiking from here will take you to the boat ride station to Underground River.
And now, the most exciting part starts….Are you ready to get into that dark, seemingly little entrance in the mountain? The audio tour will help you while whole boat ride of 20 minutes, where you will explore the underground river, those naturally shaped curves, which will be interestingly related to human body and lifestyle, by your boatman. BTW, let me tell you, in the dark, the headlamp of boatman is the only directive point for you. The boatman will ask you to be silent so that you can clearly listen to those click-click of bats, sweet chirps of all the fauna, which you might not have heard about in outer world.
Finally, that’s the way to go out to sunlight again and beautiful sceneries again.
And once out of boat, you will be transferred to ferry again to go back to Sabang. And believe me, those unforgettable memories will not allow you to sleep for longer.
Stay tuned for some more visual treats where I will take you to the beautiful islands, around Palwan 🙂
Located in central Philippines, this little jewel has received many awards from travel publications and agencies. It has made to list of “Top 10 destinations to visit in 2016”. And if I have to award it, I will address it as “Best place for honeymooners”:-).
Dancing on white bed of sand while listening to those wild waves of ocean is not a dream of yours? Treat your eyes here, rather than just imagining how it would feel.
The picturesque beach offers some of the best spots for pictures and I too did not miss the opportunity…
Sunset here is never to be missed. Those unnamed colors seen in the sky would be the lifetime memories.
Also, you will see the sand artist at their best, almost at every half kilometer….Keep clicking, I told to myself.
The happening beach is full of palm trees, bars and restaurants. Boracay is the best place for relaxation and nightlife and once visited, you will agree to that. The night life here is all about exploring, walking barefoot, enjoying different cuisines, trying karaoke, relaxing while enjoying massage, observing and sinking in the ambience around and finally, sleeping on towels on beach, while looking at those shining stars…..
The blue water and white sand are not allowing me to go back to my real life, although I am already back and believe me, you too will not….
And with this, if you think, Boracay story is over here…..Sorry, my friend. Stay tuned to drink the beauty of islands around….
- In each other, we found each other….Away from the world. Biology learning needs serenity. and focus.
- The beach, the beauty and the beer…..honeymoon is going awesome.
- Eating breakfast on bed…naked with a companion of life….Thats what is called HONEYMOON (love)
- The love is growing and glowing in mountains….while valley is getting constant rain 🙂
- The GPS is set to “LOST” while we are “LOST” into each other….
- Exploring together is an experience…talking about world, not sure what you thought (laugh)
- Testing strength of mattress, every night….oops, every day too (smile)
- Creating memories to make our kids proud, hard work always creates productivity 🙂
- Honey is feeling on moon and I see moon in honey (love)
- Zero cloth is a dress code here….in freezing cold, wearing other body is more preferable…
Its been almost 5 years, I started blogging and never ever I thought to write hotel review. I always thought, blog is not to review the hotels but as they say “Never say Never”, I am breaking my own rule today.
All the Marriots and Oberois are brands and known for their hospitality. But how would you feel when you will see a hotel name among “Top 10 unusual experiences in Bali” and just go there to see how it is and come out with new definition of hospitality, to teach the world?
Fifteen Javanese houses decorated with utmost minute care, were restored in parts. Every corner of this Eco friendly boutique hotel is unique and picturesque. I am taking you to the photo tour of Bambu Indah, the best hotel in Bali….Hold your breathe and order your eyes to stay in control while enjoying treat 🙂
The first sight of it, where you feel something unusually beautiful. This is reception area of the hotel where guests are welcomes with motherly warm smile, even at mid night.
Each and every house is unique and you will not find anything similar in two houses, other than milk white inviting bed :-).
And I did I tell you? They have tree house too….
Getting down from tree house….are you up for it?
Every corner of the hotel displays the care taken while decoration…
Each house has been decorated with unique and antique pieces of art…
The event hall and home theater…
And the restaurant with open kitchen, where you will be treated like a king…
And now my two most fav things about the hotel…..
They have Bambu elevator to take you to swimming pool, at river side and down there, they have another restaurant and everything for that matter to relax and enjoy the nature…..
Here is the way to Bamboo elevator…
Restaurant @river side…
And they are swimming pools filled with natural spring water…Believe you eyes 🙂
And yes, thats me……in Ayung river, which is very famous for rafting…
And if you think, we are done….wait. I said, I have two most favorite corners in hotel…One was Swimming Pool and the other???
OK, let me tell you this. After seeing/experiencing this, you will change definition of your dream house. They call it Pond house….
I hope the treat was not very sugary :-)…In short, if I will have to do, I will give 5 out 5 stars to this hotel.
Stay tuned for some more Bali memories….
Short time to explore the beautiful place like Bali, does not leave you with much flexibility to try all the offered mouthwatering items. Of course, being pure vegetarian leaves you with least options but whatever I could try, believe me, my test buds are still craving for them. Would like to take you through the eye-treating pictures of my trials in Bali….Control and deep breathe. Just don’t crave (note to myself :-)) and book ticket for Bali…
- Whatever you are looking below is real. Yes, you will be offered 6 varieties of tea and 7 varieties of coffee, while any coffee plantation visit. Believe me, the coconut coffee and vanila coffee are too good and yes, how can I forget that ginger tea?
2. An evening visit to the well known temple of Bali presented an opportunity to try this local ice-cream. Its coconut ice-cream and yes, you observed it correct. Its served in real coconut bowl. What? Are you still asking me to confirm taste of ice-cream? A must try, I would say 🙂
5. Fresh fruit juice at any time of the day is a treat to body. And yes, you saw it right. You are supposed to drink it with that one centimeter diametered natural straw 🙂
6. How can you forget the most important pleasure for test buds? The local brand beer is a worth try…
7. Fresh watermelon juice served in tempting glass bottles……well, 2 is not enough. yeh dil maange more 🙂
8. I am not able to recall name of this dish but those tofu fried slices along with steamed rice and spicy chutney was an awesome combination on a cloudy day. Of course, fresh salad is always a bonus 🙂
9. Balinese fried rice served with tofu, salad and peanut crackers (worth trying)…
Stay tuned to read some more experiences from the wonderful place….